Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Boys

Best Buddies
Emerson loves to hold Maddens hand when they are on the couch or in the car.  So sweet!


Lately I have been feeling so sad that my boys are growing so fast.  Emerson turned 2 in July and is almost all the way potty trained.  I should be happy about this (and I am in many ways) but part of me is feeling like it is one more way he is getting older and more independent.  

Madden is 5 months old and is the best baby.  He is always so happy and is becoming so aware of the world around him.  His little life has been a whirlwind for me.  We have had so much going on and now that life has finally started to settle down he is 5 months and I feel like I missed out so much of the newborn phase.

On the positive side, they are both becoming a lot of fun.  Emerson loves playing with Madden and that is usually a scary thing.  Yesterday I heard Emerson go into my room so I followed him in there and found him in Maddens crib kneeling across him and bouncing up and down.  Madden was laughing so hard every time he did it but I felt like he was going to smash him really bad.  Yesterday Madden was in his bouncer and me and Emerson were eating lunch.  We look over at Madden and he is flashing his precious dimple smile at us.  We went over there and something I said made Madden laugh really hard so Emerson and I both started laughing.  This made Madden laugh even harder so the 3 of us sat there and had a laughing moment for a few minutes.  

I guess I am just reminded that time goes by so fast and I should just enjoy every moment in any stage and try not to look forward to when my kids gain more independence.  That will come way too fast & I will never get it back!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you, Val! It's amazing how fast they get bigger and things change constantly! I'm always sad when I think about certain stages being over. But it's so true...enjoy every moment to it's fullest!

Cute pictures! Your boys are adorable.

Logan said...

They are so dang cute! I can't believe how big Madden has gotten! Wow! Glad to hear you guys are having fun! Love ya!

Rachel said...

Wow they are so cute! I love the picture of them in the crib I can't believe Maddens dimples! What cute boys! It does fly by way too fast! You have to cherish those moments!

How Sweet it is! said...

Your boys are so cute! I Can't wait to see you all in 2 weeks!

Kelsey M. said...

Madden has gotten soo big, he is so stinkin adorable! i can't wait to see you guys in person in a couple of weeks!