Monday, October 26, 2009

We survived!

By the middle of saturday I thought I wouldn't make it through the day!  Mike went to Mexico with some friends from school and I stayed home with the boys.  I thought I would be fine by myself since I am at home with the boys all the time anyway.......I was WRONG!  

Saturday was the hardest day I've had since becoming a mother!  Everything that could have gone wrong did.  Emerson who is normally a sweet, easygoing child was a TERROR!  I don't know what was going on with him on Saturday but he was not himself.  On top of all of his tantrums and destruction and problems, my phone wouldn't work because Madden stuck it in his mouth for 2 seconds.  I could write a novel for all of the things that happened on Saturday, it was that bad.  

Luckily my wonderful friends saved me!  I had several come over to hang out that night and keep me company and a couple more bring me flowers and ice cream.  I felt so loved and supported.  It was so what I needed that night and they were all so kind!  I was starting to feel so homesick during the day and felt so alone.  If I was in Utah I would have my family to help me out or at least keep me sane.  I am SO grateful for these awesome people in my life who made my day so much better on Saturday!  

Anyway, we survived and Sunday was much better, Mike came home!  I am so glad Mike went on his trip but I am even more glad he is home:)  All of these fun experiences make us stronger, right?!

1 comment:

Linsey said...

So glad you survived. Let's get together. Miss you!