Thursday, February 17, 2011

a project

I have always hated this table we got at a garage sale.  I think we bought it with the chairs for $10.  It has always served it's purpose but now the boys are "too big" to eat on it so I decided to change it up a little.  
Before:
After:


The top is a chalkboard now so they can color on it.  They think it is pretty cool!
Emerson and Madden have also been doing projects of their own.  They have been busy the last couple Saturday's going to Home Depot and Lowes to do the free kids projects.  They feel pretty cool in their aprons and glasses:)

6 comments:

Heather @ The Unsophisticated Kitchen said...

That turned out so good! You are so creative and crafty!

Unknown said...

I love the table! Very creative! And I'm so interested in this free kids clinic at Lowes/Home Depot! I had no idea they did that! So I looked it up and it says the recommended ages are like 1st-5th grade...but I know you took Madden so I'm wondering if you think it was worth it to bring him. Would Sawyer like it? And do you have to pay for the kits or is it totally free?

mccall said...

that is such a cute idea! it's darling. your boys are so big! i think madden was like 3 months when i saw him last :(

alyssa sorenson. said...

ahh some.

Linsey said...

Love the table, love those boys, love you too!

Staci said...

I love those guys and miss you all so much!! We need to Skype again, Katelyn definitely wants to every time I'm on the computer.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you'll have a dog at your house! You are so amazing Val, you completely go way out of your comfort zone to help others. If only everyone was so caring. Kudos to you and hopefully things go well. Love you all!!!!!